We Are Community
The Oakland Youth Orchestras is much more than dedicated student musicians led by dynamite conductors – although that’s pretty great. We are community.
- Students – Who come together through their love of music; who learn, laugh, and make friendships that last for years.
- Parents – Who see their children grow and excel; who meet other parents through OYO volunteer and fundraising activities.
- Conductors – Professional musicians and experienced music educators who understand that making music is a gift that lasts a lifetime.
- Board members – who provide their time and talents to see that OYO is guided by sound policies.
- Donors – Who generously support OYO at a time when music education is being eliminated or reduced in many schools (link to support section). We couldn’t do it without you!
Board of Directors
Board members provide their time and talents to see that OYO is guided by sound policies. The Board is comprised of the Executive Director, President, Vice President, Conductors, Treasurer, Secretary, Librarian, and Parent Volunteers, as well as non-voting members who serve in advisory positions.